This time the professor starts the class off by going over correlative conjunctions. After watching him the first time, I do find it can be hard to understand him on occasion. The one thing I notice is that he loves to use online sources, which probably was useful when transferring into an online setting for the semester. He uses a website and goes through teaching collocation. He then tries to play a video about it, but it did not work. That is the one thing about online that I have noticed that technology problems really interrupt the flow of the class. Obviously, this is not the professor’s fault, but definitely something I want to keep in mind when teaching. They now move on to brainstorming for their journals. I think that teaching brainstorming is important, especially when writing. It is something that students could always use as a reminder of and the tactics they can use for it. He gets the students to read from text an example of a journal and mentions all the ways they can brainstorm. He mentions different strategies like freewriting while adding that it’s not a great way to brainstorm. I didn’t really care for that because some students work well with freewriting, and I often use it as a great way to get those juices flowing. One thing that I find is that there is a lot of teacher talk time, which I’m not sure if that is his style or could also be the online environment coming into effect as well. He examples listing and observing as two ways of brainstorming and asks the students what brainstorming is. I think that question might be better at the beginning of the topic. This is mostly because none of the students seemed to be able to answer it, which could mean that they don’t understand what they were just taught. Jim asks the students to do a bit of practice brainstorming on places that have impressed them. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like any of the students are doing it. There are Lots of awkward silence when questions are asked by the teacher, which I think is definitely more of an online issue. He instead shows them an example in the text, which is one thing that I think is very smart. He always has a backup example in case students won’t share. Watching Jim again for a second time I noticed some things that I think are struggles that a lot of teachers are facing with an online environment this semester.